Big Society Capital is pleased to announce the return of its GET SITR campaign, offering a free package of support to help charities and social enterprises learn more about Social Investment Tax Relief (SITR).
SITR is the government's tax relief for social investment which encourages individuals to invest into charities and social enterprises and help them access new sources of repayable finance. Individuals receive a 30% tax break when investing into an eligible organisation.
In 2016, the GET SITR campaign was able to reach over 280 organisations and Big Society Captial is keen to support even more.
The new GET SITR campaign will offer:
- Resources providing information on the new rules and regulations on SITR to download and customise
- Free “SITR Made Simple” workshops for social enterprises, charities, investors and professional advisors across the UK – with the opportunity to ask questions of our peer speakers and SITR experts
- Free 1:1 SITR surgeries with our leading SITR tax expert, Neil Pearson, Partner at Mills & Reeve
- Free webinars sharing experience of raising SITR from peers
- New case studies sharing the stories of those who have ‘GOT IT’ and helpful advice for charities and social enterprises considering raising investment with SITR
Organisations can benefit from all of these resources by signing up here - www.bigsocietycapital.com/get-sitr
It will be kicking off with the first webinar on 21st February with leading tax expert, Neil Pearson. Neil will discuss how organisations can apply for Advanced Assurance with HMRC, what to consider during the process and will offer expert advice on making a successful application. Register here for “All you need to know on Advanced Assurance.”